FOCUS GROUP PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! For a Research on the Experience of Asian Canadians with Racism and their Reporting of Racist Incidents
Purpose of the Study
In this study, we would like to understand how Asian Canadians have encountered racism in daily life and whether they have taken steps to report the racist incidents to the relevant authorities. Learning from this research will inform the development of policies and services to prevent racism against Asian Canadians and to strengthen support for victims of racist incidents.
You are qualified to participate in the focus groups if you meet ALL of these criteria…
- – Self-identified Asian Canadian citizen or permanent resident with at least one biological parent of Asian descent;
- – Be 18 years of age or above;
- – Have lived in Canada throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- – Have experienced racism since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are you asked to do?
- – Participate in an online focus group that will require last about 2 hours
- – Talk about your experience with racism in Canada since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic
- – Share what you have done to report the racist incident and related experience (if applicable)
- – Suggest ways to strengthen support for victims of racist incidents
Your involvement in this study is voluntary. You can decide not to participate in the study at any time. You can refuse to answer any question you do not feel comfortable with.
We recognize the time required for your participation in the focus group. We offer you an e-gift card of $30.
To register for a focus group please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/153547866803 or to ask for additional information about this research, please call Ms. Rosalind Kang at (403) 908-0745 or email email@example.com.
*This study has been sponsored by ACCT Foundation- Action! Chinese Canadians Together Foundation
*The University of Calgary Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board has approved this research
*This study is supervised by Dr. Hieu Van Ngo, University of Calgary, Faculty of Social Work